Six decades of excellent advice & first class client service
Derek Young & Co was founded by Derek Young in 1960 upon the traditional values of fairness, honesty, reliability and sensible ‘down to earth’ business advice, delivered in a professional but friendly way and accompanied by a great sense of humour.
The practice has lead the way throughout its 6 decades by maintaining these core values and by combining them with cutting edge technologies. Derek Young & Co was, for example, one of the first firms in the world to utilise ‘Accounts Production’ software way back in the 1970s and has continued to maximise efficiency and to minimise its fees to this day by being an early adopter of new technologies and techniques.
In addition, our team have always found Derek Young & Co to be a very friendly and rewarding place to work, and as a result our staff turnover is very low. The Partners and numerous members of the Derek Young & Co team, together have over 3 centuries of directly relevant experience working at the firm. Such training and experience also boost efficiency and help to ensure that our clients are able to deal with the same team members every year; people who have a thorough understanding of their personal and business needs.
In its 6 decades, Derek Young & Co has grown into one of the largest firm of accountants in the area. This has been achieved with very little marketing; almost all of our new business is generated through recommendations from our existing, thoroughly happy clients.
Some key points:
- Established well over 50 years ago
- Large friendly team, who between them have a total of over 3 centuries of experience working for Derek Young & Co
- Cutting edge techniques to maximise efficiency & minimise fees
- Fully qualified, professional Chartered Accountants
- Registered auditors
- Free: initial consultation & business review, monthly newsletters and online resources
- Highly competitive, open & transparent fees with no hidden charges
- Extensive range of services
- Clients range from business start-ups to sizeable groups of companies
- Large, comfortable & convenient town centre business premises with ample free parking